Saturday, October 26, 2013

Personal Steps Towards a Solution: Part 1

So what can we do to consume more stuff made in the USA? Well let's start with consumables. Stuff we use up once we purchase it. A simple one for me is cosmetics. I don't wear a ton of make-up, but like girls I do wear some, and I probably do more stuff FOR my skin as a result (cleaning, lotion, masks, etc.). So who makes stuff in the USA. I started using Mary Kay around the time of my wedding as a step up from my other makeup. Looking at all the make-up containers, I noticed that all the tubes said made in the USA. For me this is one step in the right direction. The stuff made in the USA, and the beauty consultants have a better job than if they were working in retail. Think how different life would be if more moms (or housewives, college girls, or whoever) could stay at home more, and just work side businesses. You are supporting a local person, and a USA industry. Mary Kay consultants can also help you get a product that matches your skin, not to mention you get to try it before you buy it!

Yes, their products are more expensive than stuff at Walgreen or Target, but it also is higher quality. I'm not saying you have to buy MK makeup, but just be aware of who you are employing when you buy cosmetics. It is something you will buy over, and over again. Instead of calling your congressman, vote with your money. Happy shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment